The NABA News Committee (NABA-NC) is committed to advancing the interests of member broadcasters locally and internationally through collaboration, shared insights, advocacy, communication and finding solutions on common issues.
The committee focuses on non-competitive editorial and journalistic issues that impact our shared ability to cover news, create news content and inform the public, including but not limited to:
– Editorial concerns and challenges
– News media’s relationship with social media companies
– “Fake News”
– Misinformation and disinformation
– Cyber harassment and interference
– Manipulation of content – deepfakes, shallowfakes
– Free speech concerns
– Safety of journalists
– Right of access
– Media freedom and independence
The NABA-NC includes members from NBCUniversal, ABC News, CNN, Fox News, CBS News, TV Azteca, Televisa, CBC/Radio-Canada News, CTV News and Global News.