January 24, 2023
March 2, 2022
An introduction of the NABA Radio In-car User Experience (UX) Guidelines to North American radio broadcasters, to highlight the regional differences and the reasons behind those, and to explain how receiver manufacturers and broadcasters can work together in accordance with the Guidelines to keep radio prominent in the connected car.
February 28, 2022
December 15, 2021
CBC/Radio-Canada, Canada’s national public broadcaster, is moving into a new IP-based production facility in Montreal.
Cybersecurity has been a critical part of this next generation project.
October 1, 2021
– What exactly is 5G?
– What are the core technologies?
– What are the benefits? Why is the world moving to 5G?
– How is Bell implementing 5G?
– 5G media production
– Update on 3GPP status on multicast and broadcast in 5G
– Who is 5G-MAG? Who are the members and what is their mandate?
– What use cases have already been explored?
– What is 5G-MAG working on now?
November 16, 2020
– The risks posed by manipulated, synthetic media and the efforts underway in industry to mitigate it.
– The overall societal threat that Deepfakes represent.
September 30, 2020
– Were broadcasters adequately prepared, and have since been operating “cyber-safely” during the pandemic?
– What are the lessons learned in 2020?
– What does the future threat landscape look like and what hazards are the major concerns?
August 26, 2020
– Presentation on 5G-MAG Status, Workplan
– Mobility Service Providers Discuss the Potential of 5G
– Status of 5G Rollout in the U.S.
– Panel Discussion on 5G Applications, Infrastructure, Networks
July 10, 2020
– ATSC 3.0 Transmitter Testing, Security Consumer “NextGen” Receivers and Data Applications
– ATSC Current Priorities and Next Steps
– ATSC 3.0 International Standardization
June 11, 2020
– Status of the Reallocation of C-Band, both 4 GHz and 6 GHz
– CITEL and ITU Activities
– Status of UHF Repack
May 21, 2020
Logistical and Human Standards Issues
– determining which staff work from home
– determining which staff will return to work in production centre(s)
– how to stage staff return safely and efficiently
Operational Issues and Technical Tools
– support staff working from home
– support producing news, talent, etc. remotely or in alternate production facilities