The Resilience & Risk Committee (NABA-RRC) works to help raise members’ awareness of the hazards and risks that impact the continuity of our business, the safety of our people and the successful recovery to business-as-usual in the event of a disruption. The RRC also provides a framework and communication channel to enhance the identification and awareness of risk-related topics concerning NABA members.
From February 2020 to Spring 2021, the NABA-RRC held monthly calls for members to discuss the COVID-19 pandemic. This provided an opportunity to ask candid questions of colleagues from other companies and to share best practices.
ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL, & GOVERNANCE (ESG) SUB-COMMITTEE
This sub-committee’s objective is to provide a framework and communication channel to enhance the identification and awareness of ESG-related topics concerning NABA members.
- Learn from what others are doing
- Share knowledge and what is already happening
- Cover upcoming regulatory changes
SECURITY OF MEDIA PROFESSIONALS SUB-COMMITTEE
This sub-committee’s main mandate is to focus on the safety and security of our employees working in the field, and to support advocacy initiatives. The purpose of this sub-committee is to provide a wider forum to manage the inter-company issues that are manifesting in the field and online.
Topics and area of discussion include (but are not limited to):
- Reporting and tracking of incidents
- Discussing development of security and safety measures
- Bringing awareness of available resources, training monitoring initiatives, and well-being efforts as well as assessing these efforts against industry best practices
- Communicating and sharing (with key stakeholders) recommendations, findings and industry best practices to support media professionals who could experience safety or security risks
- Recognizing initiatives that support safety and security in journalism
- FCC – Communications Security, Reliability and Interoperability
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Health Security
- Wikipedia’s “Good Samaritan Law” explanation
Senior Director, Resiliency & Security
Assistant Treasurer & Sr. Director Investments & Risk Management
NABA members, please contact the Secretariat if you ever need members-only material (meeting documents, member contacts, committee documents, etc.).